2.8

I contacted the Consultant Clinic back in 2015 for lip filler after seeing all the amazing pictures they post on Instagram.I had previously had collagen injected into my lips several times in Spain and always happy with the result.

Barely any swelling, natural looking - no one noticed etc. However, given I live in the UK now and I decided to try the Consultant Clinic. When I went for the consultation they explained which filled they would do, how it would last 6-9months and that they didn't offer a dental block to numb the pain! Even in Spain it has been used for years...what's the need to suffer.

Note that now they do offer dental block. Back to 2015 - I got my lips done and they looked like a sausage. I only wanted my top lip enhanced but they said they needed to put it on both to make it more balanced. The next day when I woke up I had extensive bruising, swelling, lumps and my lips hurt when I spoke.

As a result, although I had put makeup on them, men at work asked whether I had my lips done! outrageous, for a man to ask it means it was sooo obvious. That was embarrassing. I decided to give it some time to see if the lumps would go away and kept massaging them.

This year, in 2017 after 1.5 years I was fed up of waiting and contacted them to dissolve the lumps. They gave me an appointment where the doctor tried 'crushing' them which is basically squeezing them really hard to see if the product breaks and told me to wait for 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks passed, nothing had changed so I had to book an appointment for dissolving. Dissolving appointment - the Dr didn't care at all about the fact that the filler was poorly injected by them and now I had to pay to get it dissolved.

You pay in advance and then they test it in your skin. Given the circumstances I complained that I had to pay 200 without knowing if I could be treated and for a mistake they made! I ended up paying it and they they applied it with no numbing cream or anything at all just pure pain. I asked what if the hyaluronidase didn't dissolve all the lumps to which she responded it would 100% dissolve them and if not I had to go again and PAY AGAIN!

It's been 4 days and only half of the lumps have disappeared, the rest are still visible but I've given up. I refuse to pay again for this. I've already spent 550+ for lips that I didn't like, that made me feel self conscious and after 18 months the product is still lumpy. A complete disappointment how they just take people's money and don't take responsibility of their results.

If you are looking for lip filler, go somewhere else.Serious clinics probably don't need an instagram account to gain customers.

Review about: The Consultant Clinic Lip Filler Injection.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with The Consultant Clinic?

Comments

London, England, United Kingdom #1346700

Hello, would you be willing to answer a few questions / give a quote?I'm looking into doing an investigatory piece on this clinic.

Please contact me at rl_benson@hotmail.com if interested.Thanks.